Advanced Neuroradiology Fellowship
The Advanced Neuroradiology Fellowship is a one-year, non-ACGME-accredited program for physicians who have completed an ACGME-accredited neuroradiology fellowship, an ACGME-accredited radiology residency and are American Board of Radiology board-certified/eligible.
This fellowship training is based at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and the main campus of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Fellows also rotate at the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
The program is a continuation of training from the applicant’s previous ACGME-accredited first-year neuroradiology fellowship with:
- More intense focus in advanced functional neuroimaging studies such as fMRI, DTI and perfusion imaging
- Elective time in a particular focus, subspecialty or discipline as desired and chosen by the fellow
- Opportunities for research and academic projects targeting publication and/or presentation at national conferences,
- Junior faculty attending responsibilities
Our mission is to provide a pathway for interested applicants to gain experience in advanced diagnostic neuroradiology techniques and studies and/or to pursue an academic career in a focused area within neuroradiology, which often requires more in-depth training and time for research and publication.
How to Apply
To apply, collect the following:
- Completed application
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- USMLE Steps 1, 2 and 3
- A current, passport-sized photo of yourself
- Three letters of recommendation addressed to Benjamin P. Liu, MD, Director, Advanced Neuroradiology Fellowship Program
Mail these items to:
Department of Radiology
676 North St. Clair St., Suite 1400
Chicago, IL 60611
Learn more about the benefits of training at a world-class academic medical center in a diverse and vibrant city of Chicago. Further program details, including the Department of Medicine housestaff manual and a sample training contract, are available on our McGaw Medical Center Graduate Education site.