CMR Northwestern (Cardiovascular MRI Course)
The Department of Radiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, is pleased to announce a magnetic resonance training curriculum for physicians and technologists.
CMR Northwestern is intended for physicians and technologists who currently have basic proficiency in MR and/or knowledge of Cardiac MR, and who wish to leverage the capabilities of their MR systems. A prerequisite for the course is knowledge of basic MR physics. It is optimal if both physicians and technologists attend the course together; however, this is not mandatory.
The program incorporates didactic instruction with practical, hands-on scanning in a simulation environment and at the scanner console. Cardiovascular imaging basics will be presented, including CMR imaging physics and protocols. Clinical applications will be emphasized through lectures reviewing cardiovascular pathology. Participants will spend time at the imaging console with volunteers at 1.5T Sola cardiovascular magnets. In addition, participants will study structural and functional cardiac MR evaluations utilizing current MR case-specific applications, exploring cardiac morphology and function.
- Review the indications of contraindications and potential side effects of CMR.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge in the technical aspect of the CMR examination.
- Describe the basic principles of MR angiography and their application.
- Apply image post-processing techniques.
- Correlate CMR with other imaging modalities (echocardiography, nuclear cardiology, CCT, and interventional angiography) and medical history, physical examination, laboratory, and hemodynamic data.
- On an MRI examination, recognize cardiac and vascular pathology (ischemia, infarction, valve diseases, infiltrative disorders, congenital anomalies).
Although there are no formal prerequisites for attending Northwestern CMR, a basic understanding of MR and MR physics are required. The CMR Course cost $3,000.00.
The course registration form should be printed, completed, and faxed or mailed to the address shown on the form to pay by check. All checks should be made payable to Northwestern University. If payment is not received within three weeks of receiving the registration form, your registration may be canceled.
The registration fee includes:
- Course Materials.
- Didactic lectures.
- Hands-on MR scanning sessions.
- Breakfast and lunch, and an assortment of drinks, including coffee, during the course.
- Participants are responsible for travel, lodging, and meal expenses outside of those listed above.
Location & Date
Contact PersonIf you have any questions regarding the CMR course and registration. Please email Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accreditation & Credit Designation Statements
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 21.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.