Northwestern University Radiology Mentoring Program
The mission of NU RaMP is to support all Northwestern Radiology faculty members in their pursuit of a satisfying and successful career.
Faculty Mentoring Program GoalsTo provide all junior faculty mentees with a career mentor
To support and facilitate faculty career development through mentor/ mentee pairs
To promote faculty scholarship, research, leadership, and career development
One-on-one paired faculty mentoring
Mentor/ mentee training
Faculty development workshops
The program and mentor-mentee pairs will be evaluated yearly. Metrics will be used to see if mentees find this program helpful to their goals and careers.
See our Events for upcoming NU RaMP workshops. Upcoming topics include institutional research resources, institutional teaching and service opportunities, promotion tips, leadership training, lecture workshops, work-life integration, and networking.
Career Development Links
Whether you are a mentor or a mentee, view our guides on successful preparation for a mentor-mentee relationship. We have a first meeting checklist to help you both align goals. We also have a sheet of what to expect from a mentoring relationship to get you started.
Here are a number of sources for mentorship and career development in radiology.
- "The Roles of Organized Radiology in Career Development for Trainees and Junior Attending Radiologists: A Road Map." Bhatt, Hoffman, McArthur, Katz, & Flug, 2017. American Journal of Roentgenology.
- "Shifting From Mentorship to Sponsorship -- A Game Changer!" Deitte et al, 2018. Journal of the American College of Radiology.
- "Implementing and refining a faculty-resident mentorship program." Iyer et al, 2014. Journal of the American College of Radiology.
- "Retrospective research in radiology from concept to publication: a stepwise guide for trainees and mentors." Jacobson, Klein, & Yablon, 2014. American Journal of Roentgenology.
- "Mentorship in Radiology." Kostrubiak et al, 2017. Current Problems in Diagnostic Radiology.
- "Choosing Wisely: Mentors, Sponsors, and Your Kitchen Cabinet." McGinty, 2017. Journal of the American College of Radiology.
- "Mentorship of Junior Faculty Members in Academic Radiology." Perry & Parikh, 2017. Journal of the American College of Radiology.
- "Developing Effective Mentor-Mentee Relationships in Radiology." Perry & Parikh, 2018. Journal of the American College of Radiology.
Previous workshops have included "Radiology Mentor Training", "Radiology Career Development Plan Workshop", and a kick-off party for our paired mentors and mentees.