Northwestern University Radiology Mentoring Program
The mission of NU RaMP is to support all Northwestern Radiology faculty members in their pursuit of a satisfying and successful career.
Faculty Mentoring Program Goals
To provide all junior faculty mentees with a career mentor
To support and facilitate faculty career development through mentor/ mentee pairs
To promote faculty scholarship, research, leadership, and career development
Program ComponentsOne-on-one paired faculty mentoring
Mentor/ mentee training
Faculty development workshops
The program and mentor-mentee pairs will be evaluated yearly. Metrics will be used to see if mentees find this program helpful to their goals and careers.
Here is a list of past NU RaMP workshop events with handouts
- NU RaMP Mentee Training
- NU RaMP Mentor Training
- Aligning Mentor-Mentee Expectations
- NU RaMP - Tips for Promotions
- NU RaMP Time Management for Radiologists
Career Development Links
Feinberg School of Medicine provides information to help you find the career path that works for you. See the FSM Career Development site to discover what opportunities there are for you. You will also find information about your FSM faculty appointment as well as the process for promotions and tenure.
Whether you are a mentor or a mentee, view our guides on successful preparation for a mentor-mentee relationship. We have a first meeting checklist to help you both align goals. We also have a sheet of what to expect from a mentoring relationship to get you started.
Here are a number of sources for mentorship and career development in radiology.
- "The Roles of Organized Radiology in Career Development for Trainees and Junior Attending Radiologists: A Road Map." Bhatt, Hoffman, McArthur, Katz, & Flug, 2017. American Journal of Roentgenology.
- "Shifting From Mentorship to Sponsorship -- A Game Changer!" Deitte et al, 2018. Journal of the American College of Radiology.
- "Implementing and refining a faculty-resident mentorship program." Iyer et al, 2014. Journal of the American College of Radiology.
- "Retrospective research in radiology from concept to publication: a stepwise guide for trainees and mentors." Jacobson, Klein, & Yablon, 2014. American Journal of Roentgenology.
- "Mentorship in Radiology." Kostrubiak et al, 2017. Current Problems in Diagnostic Radiology.
- "Choosing Wisely: Mentors, Sponsors, and Your Kitchen Cabinet." McGinty, 2017. Journal of the American College of Radiology.
- "Mentorship of Junior Faculty Members in Academic Radiology." Perry & Parikh, 2017. Journal of the American College of Radiology.
- "Developing Effective Mentor-Mentee Relationships in Radiology." Perry & Parikh, 2018. Journal of the American College of Radiology.
Previous workshops have included "Radiology Mentor Training", "Radiology Career Development Plan Workshop", and a kick-off party for our paired mentors and mentees.