Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Department of Radiology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research, and the personal and intellectual growth of all in a diverse, inclusive and supportive academic environment. The foundation of this pursuit is made possible by mutual and respectful exchange of unique ideas, experiences and perspectives.
True diversity is defined not only as differences in individual backgrounds, personal identities, intellectual approaches and demographics; it is also the removal of barriers and the creation of spaces that allow individuals to engage in the full life of radiology at Northwestern. The commitment to providing these opportunities equitably to each and every member of our community is the force behind creating a diverse, inclusive and ideal department.
- Welcome individuals of all races, beliefs, identities, abilities and backgrounds without bias.
- Promote mentorship and career advancement for all in a supportive environment.
- Foster a culture that acknowledges differences as strengths.
- Support an environment that encourages open expression and discussion of ideas and values.
- Strive to promote health equity, social justice and advocacy for all through community engagement.
- Provide compassionate equitable care for all.
- Conduct research that includes a diverse participant pool and promotes health equity.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council
The Department of Radiology has established the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council to bring together members of our department with varied skillsets, roles, perspectives and experiences in order to further focus on diversity, inclusion and equity initiatives. The outcomes are meant to better equip us all to meet healthcare challenges and to improve the lives of our patients, communities, members of this department and everyone within the larger Northwestern network. The council meets regularly throughout the year.
Affinity Group Resources
Senta Berggruen, MD
Vice Chair for Education and Diversity
Reach out to the department to get involved in our diversity, equity, and inclusion programming or to inquire about our efforts on this front.CONTACT US
Senta Berggruen, MD
676 N. Saint Clair St., Suite 800
Chicago, Illinois 60611