Following is a compilation of links and other helpful information related to common funding opportunities used by Department of Radiology researchers.
Radiology Pilot Research Grant
The Radiology Pilot Research Grant Program is designed to fund research in areas identified by Northwestern Radiology as important to the advancement of radiology and patient care within the department. These grants address a specific hypothesis and are designed to generate preliminary data that could be used to justify or strengthen subsequent comprehensive applications to national peer-reviewed funding agencies. The objective of these proposals is to support the initial research efforts of faculty within the department so that they can become funded investigators on subsequent grants.
Grant funding of up to $5,000 will be made for pilot grant-type projects that test a new idea or help support a new area or direction of research in diagnostic and interventional radiology.
Grants are available to full-time faculty in the department of Radiology of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Junior faculty (within 5 years of appointment), with identification of a mentor, are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Scientist Development Grant
- Fellow-to-Faculty Transition Award
- Check the funding opportunity announcement (FOA) for due date information. If the FOA says “Standard dates apply”, refer to the Standard Due Dates for Competing Applications.
- Research Grants (R series)
- Career Development Grants (K series)
- Research Training and Fellowships (T & F series)
- Program Project/Center Grants (P series)
- Young Investigator Award
- Innovation Award
- Priority Research Initiative
(Annual Deadlines in January and February)
- Research Scholar Grant
- Research Resident/Fellow Grant
- Research Seed Grant
- Research Medical Student Grant
(Annual Deadlines December through February)
Office of Research Administration
The Research Administration and Support staff offer assistance to researchers with many of the administrative requirements related to their work. Contact us for more information.