The Department of Radiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is pleased to announce a 4D flow MRI training curriculum for physicians, technologists, and MRI researchers.
The program incorporates didactic instruction with practical live scanning at the scanner console and hands-on 4D flow data processing (3D flow visualization, flow qualification, etc.). 4D flow imaging basics and analysis concepts will be systematically introduced, including 4D flow MRI imaging protocols and data analysis workflows. Additional expert lectures will cover clinical and emerging 4D flow application areas. Download the 2018 4D Flow MRI Hands-On Training Course flyer.
- Review the basic concepts of 4D flow MRI.
- Gain practical knowledge in technical aspects and protocols of the 4D flow MRI examination: Live 4D flow in-vivo scans.
- Apply 4D flow MRI post-processing techniques: Hands-on training of 4D flow analysis concepts and workflows.
- Identify current clinical application areas and research topics.
- Work directly with 4D flow MRI experts to analyze real-life cardiothoracic 4D flow cases.
4D Flow MRI Hands-On Training is intended for physicians, technologists, and MRI researchers who have a basic proficiency in MRI and/or knowledge of cardiovascular MRI, who wish to leverage the capabilities of their MR systems for 4D flow MRI and expand their knowledge on 4D flow data analysis. Analysis training will use the Circle Cardiovascular Imaging 'cvi42 4D flow plugin'.
To register for the course and pay by check, please print, complete, and fax or mail the registration form to the address indicated on the form. Make checks payable to Northwestern University. If payment is not received within three weeks of receiving the registration form, your registration may be cancelled.
If you prefer to register for the course and pay by check, please print, complete, and fax or mail the registration form to the address indicated on the form. Make checks payable to Northwestern University. If payment is not received within three weeks of receiving the registration form, your registration may be cancelled.
The registration fee includes:
- Course materials
- Didactic lectures
- Hands-on MR scanning sessions
- Lunch and an assortment of drinks including coffee during the course
- A dinner with course participants and faculty at a restaurant near the Northwestern University campus in downtown Chicago.
- Participants are responsible for their own travel, lodging, and meal expenses outside of those listed above.
- Hands-on 4D flow analysis
Dates, Times, and Locations
This course will take place on on JULY 19-20, 2018 at the:
Northwestern University Chicago Campus
737 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1600
Chicago IL, 60611
The following hotels offer special rates for Northwestern guests. Please call the hotel’s for reservationsdirectly and ask for the “Northwestern University” rate:
The Allerton Hotel, 701 North Michigan Avenue (312-440-1500)
• $149 Standard Room (1 Queen bed)
• $169 Standard Double (2 Full beds)
• $169 Executive King Suite (1 King bed + Love seat)
Doubletree Hotel, 300 East Ohio Street (312-224-2127)
•$189 Single or Double
•Lake View Deluxe Room: +$20 additional per room
•PURAir Allergy Free Room: +$20 additional per room
MileNorth Hotel (formerly Affinia Hotel), 166 East Superior Street (312-787-6000)
• $184 Standard-King/Queen/Double
• $224 Suite
Omni Hotel, 676 North Michigan Avenue (312-944-6664)
•$220 Deluxe Room Single/Double Occupancy
•$240 Premium Room
•$245 Corner King Room
Peninsula Hotel, 108 East Superior Street (Reservations: 866-288-8889)
• $335 Deluxe King
• $440 Grand Deluxe King
• $585 One BR Executive Suite
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, 633 North St. Clair Street (312-274-4438)
• $215 Standard King or Double
• $265 Corner King
• $315 Executive Suite
The registration fee, less a $50 administrative fee, is refundable if a written (via email, fax or mail) cancellation request is received thirty days prior to the course date. Please include your tax ID or social security number if requesting a refund. No refunds will be issued if notice is given less than 30 days prior to the course date; however, you may transfer your registration to a colleague.
For more information contact Brenda Herrera via email: email@example.com or by phone: (312)695-1664.
Download the 2018 4D Flow MRI Hands-On Workshop Flyer
Department of Radiology
737 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 1600
Chicago, Illinois 60611